A few questions
For book groups
Ten questions for book group discussions of The Undoing of Arlo Knott
Out now from Orbit Books (Little, Brown).
- Arlo and his sister Erin consider themselves to be very different characters, but in what ways are they alike?
- Would the book be any different if there was no mention of quantum physics?
- How is the theme of imperfection explored? How are characters a product of their mistakes?
- How does what Arlo wants out of life change as the book progresses?
- Arlo’s dad lets slip that he was ‘an accident’. How does this affect the protagonist?
- Is there any benefit to having regrets?
- Who was a worse influence on the protagonist, his mum or his dad
- Is Arlo a good person?
- What role does deja vu play in the novel?
- What do you think of how Arlo chooses to end the book?
And now… a daft video.